Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Trip Recount!!


On the 20th of may we went on a trip to town. First we got off the bus at Margret Mahy playground and found out where we needed to go. There was Margaret Mahy the waka on Avon, we fed the eel’s and looked at the traditional moari mats and went to Victoria square. 


Victoria square

My group's first stop was Victoria square. When we got there we got to explore. I saw a pou, statues and a fountain. There were 2 statues, Queen Victoria and Captain Cook. I learned that Captain Cook was the first man from England to come to New Zealand. 


Margret Mahy

The next stop was Margret Mahy playground. We went for a scavenger hunt around the playground to find moari designs and animals. I learnt that Margret Mahy’s quotes from her books are around the playground.



Mats and eel’s 

 The 3rd stop was by the Avon river. My group met up with the teacher and we went for a walk to the first mat by Victoria square. After we had gone to all the traditional mats we went down to feed the eels in the Avon. We feed the eel with a spoon. I accidentally dropped the food on the eel’s head. I learned that there are 13 mats around Christchurch. 


Waka 

The last stop, the waka we got buddy and we got told our instructions. We all grabbed an oar and learned how to move it properly. Then the girls got into one of the wakas one partner at a time. We took off while the boys were still practising. We all got a little bit wet, but we all had a great time.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stella
      I liked how you told me that the eels food landed at its head. It was really funny to read. I really enjoyed the trip too. How long did it take you go to every location?
      -Natalia

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post